High Point Academy Spartanburg is looking for energetic and motivated substitute teachers to fill our sub candidate pool. Candidates will have the opportunity to work with students at all levels, from kindergarten to high school. The best candidates will have teaching experience and enjoy working with children. A bachelor’s degree is beneficial but not required. Apply below or send a letter of interest and resume via email.
- Follow regular teacher’s lesson plans in a way that ensures consistency and optimal learning, and that encourages students to participate
- Assign classwork and homework as necessary, according to lesson plans
- Modify teaching styles to fit the learning styles of various students
- Maintain a well-managed classroom and a positive learning environment
- Supervise students out of class such as in the hallways and the cafeteria
- Create lesson plans, grade classwork, homework, and tests and attend parent-teacher conferences (only for long-term sub assignments)
Applicants must be appropriately certified and highly qualified. A successful candidate must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance card at all times when in the classroom.
- Strong communication skills
- Competency in at least two subject areas (such as math and social studies); overall average competency in most or all subjects
- Flexible, friendly and good at establishing a quick rapport with students
- Setting the proper tone from the beginning for classroom management