To continually be better communicators our school has developed a communication plan and strategies for parents, faculty, and staff. The idea is to help create a constructive partnership between High Point Academy and parents that will provide two-way communication and foster educational support as well as cultivate and encourage active parental involvement. Parts of it will be implemented immediately for High Point Academy. The complete plan will be fully implemented at the beginning of the 2019-2020 school year. We believe the plan will have endless value when effectively utilized. The plan can be found below. You can also download the Communication Expectations by clicking here.
- Teacher websites, including Academic Arts, must be updated by the FIRST of every month. Websites should include long term projects with due dates, up to date postings of what’s happening or upcoming events in your classroom and school, classroom schedules and any other pertinent information pertaining to your classroom.
- School email must be checked at least twice a day (AM & PM) and responded to by the end of the next school day except for weekends, holidays, school breaks, and vacations (220 days employees).
- Phone messages must be checked once a day and a response made by the end of the next school day except for weekends, holidays, school breaks, and vacations (220 days employees).
- Any written communication (ie: field trip info, change of schedule, special event) to parents must be reviewed and approved by administration at least 24 hours prior to it being sent home.
- Staff will check their “snail mail” boxes once a day.
- Staff will check Weekly Announcements and School Calendar for upcoming events.
- Grades are to be posted, at a minimum, weekly in PowerSchool.
- If a teacher has a concern regarding a child (academic or behavioral) contact with parent or guardian needs to be made.
- With the exceptions to an emergency, phone or email messages will be responded by the end of the next school day except on weekends, holidays, school breaks, and vacations (220 days employees).
- When a concern or question arises regarding your child, first communicate with the teacher via email or phone call.
- If you need to meet personally with a teacher please schedule a time to meet which is mutually agreeable.
- Parents are responsible for checking the modes of communication listed in
- “Vehicles of Communication”.
- Parents are responsible for providing the school with up to date contact information or any significant changes which could impact the student.
- Parents need to contact the school when children are going to be absent or tardy.
Vehicles of Communication:
The following vehicles of communication between High Point Academy and parents may be one or more of the following.
● School Website and Teacher Webpages
● Newsletter (electronic and paper)
● School/ Home Communication Folders and or Agendas
● Bright Arrow (automated call system)
● Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
Parents are responsible for checking the above vehicles of communication to stay informed.
Communication Implementation Processes:
In the event that a parent has a concern regarding the communication expectations the chain of command is as follow:
- Contact the teacher
- Contact the Building Principal
- Contact the Superintendent
- Contact the Board